New Star Games have updated New Star GP with a major update that brings some quite cool features to the Early Access title. Highlights include custom championships and differing personalities for staff.
CREATION MODE UPDATE
* ADDED: Create-a-Championship Mode. This mode offers players the ability to create their own custom championship competitions. A host of options are available for tweaking, such as track length, pitting, or weather; and in the advanced options, settings such as race speed, how competitive the CPU opponents are, and the option to carry car damage over between races allows players to customise the experience to their own tastes. The requests for longer race durations have been answered with the option to set race distance (99 lap races anyone?), and to top it off, any custom competitions can be played in either single player, or multiplayer with up to four players.
* ADDED: Staff personalities. Staff now have different personalities: some are easy to keep happy, others less so. Some upset other staff members, others don’t, while some also have special bonus abilities, so choosing between members of staff based on their personalities offers more strategy options for your team and more depth and richness between races. Additionally, staff happiness now offers a bonus to perk performance, so keeping your staff happy is worth the effort as it gains you an edge on the track.
* ADDED: Some extra staff-related news stories based on their personalities.
* ADDED: A few extra character customisation options.
* FIXED: Bug where a failure could occur in non-GP races without a warning dilemma.
* FIXED: Title screen crash if more than four controllers are connected.
* FIXED: Incompatibility problem with save game formats.